The mission of Project EDEN™ is to provide jobs and job training, entrepreneurial opportunities, nutrition education and food security using both traditional and aquaponics farming methods and technology.
Engaging youth and adults in urban agriculture through hands-on training in a safe, welcoming community.
- Volunteering: Building community and providing community service credits for hundreds of volunteers
- Green Team: Training youth volunteers in urban farming, small business development, cooking classes, and nutrition
- Summer Youth Employment: Employing youth from underserved communities in Southeast DC
Improving community health by increasing access to healthy foods and spaces.
- Healthy Food: Donating over 2 tons of fresh fruits and vegetables per year to neighbors and seniors. We also hope to soon sell our produce to a farmer’s market.
- Health Education: Providing food demonstrations and health presentations on topics like diabetes and obesity.
- Community Transformation: Our garden serves as a safe place for socializing and physical activity.